BW Offshore is recruiting Maintenance Superintendents for our fleet of FPSOs. Employment will be based on either a 5 weeks on / 5 weeks off or a 6 weeks on / 6 weeks off rotation dependent on location of the asset. Please visit www.bwoffshore.com for fleet overview.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and control the Maintenance Department to ensure safe and efficient functioning of all technical facilities.
- Responsible for all maintenance functions (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and telecommunication).
- Responsible for operation, condition monitoring and troubleshooting of relevant utility systems.
- Responsible for technical integrity of the hull, structure, tanks, topside vessels and equipment etc.
- Responsible for sufficient bunker on board as well as managing and planning bunkering operations.
- Responsible for planning and accomplish of all maintenance activities as per the Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Perform criticality assessment of the equipment. Assign and review maintenance options.
- Liaise with OIM and other Department Heads for planning maintenance and operation activities.
- Responsible for pre-commissioning and commissioning during operation.
- Ensure the Permit To Work system is controlled and adhered to as per requirements.
- Ensure that regulatory and class requirements are adhered to.
- Responsible for stock control of spare parts and consumables within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for control of hazardous substances that are used/ stored within the Maintenance department.
- Responsible for the relevant Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the investigation of accidents and incidents.
- Responsible for the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Responsible for managing vendors and contractors safely and effectively.
- Responsible for the training and development of subordinates and trainees.
- Responsible for competency assessment and performance evaluation of subordinates, including provide feedback.
- Help shape a healthy corporate culture on board, proactively thinking communication and about maintaining a positive working environment.
- Provide input to budget and control expenditure.
- Prepare and administer required reports. Maintain appropriate documentation.
- Member of Emergency Response Team.
- Ideally seven years’ experience as engineer in the Oil and Gas industry with at least two years in the supervisory position.
- Previous internal experience in the Company is an advantage.
- Preferably previous experience from working in a multicultural environment.
- Chief Engineer or equivalent mechanical degree.
- Relevant experience may replace the educational requirements.
- Good understanding of FPSO systems.
- Good knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Knowledge of the relevant requirements of the classification societies and international rules and regulations.
- Good computer and use of computerized maintenance management skills.
- Understanding of investigative techniques and methods.
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time.
- Strong leadership qualities and initiatives.
- Willingness and engagement towards training and developing the crew members within the department.
- Good inter-personal and communication skill.
- Self-Motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Proven interpersonal skills, culturally aware and demonstrated experience of working within a multi-cultural multi discipline environment.
- Fluent in English, oral and written.
- Proactive and able to work independently applying a structured and systematic approach.
- The position may require additional travel and/or temporary assignments at project premises or corporate offices.