Mechanical HVAC Technician
We require a Mechanical HVAC Technician for the BW Catcher in the UKCS, on a 3/3 rotation.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Perform preventive/corrective maintenance and troubleshooting on all mechanical equipment and utility systems as per Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Use and maintain workshop and welding/cutting equipment, including tools and instruments
- Assist in pre-commissioning and commissioning
- Assist in mechanical spare parts and consumables stock control
- Liaise with other departments for coordination of maintenance and operation activities
- Use the Permit to Work system. Prepare Permits. Follow the Permit to Work procedures
- Use the Computerized Maintenance Management System. Produce reports, update records, generate work orders
- Prepare required reports
- Ensure that vendors and contractors are managed safely and effectively
- Undertake training relevant to the position requirements
- On-the-job-training of subordinates and trainees
- Member of Emergency Response Team
- The holder of this position has the necessary authorities to carry out the responsibilities stated above.
- Ethics and work regulations
- The employees shall in all matters comply with applicable standards, rules and practices. The employee shall work and behave in compliance with the BW Offshore code of conduct, values, ethics and company policies.
Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality (HSSEQ)
- All employees shall be familiar with the Management System structure and content, and have specific knowledge regarding requirements, responsibilities, processes (working methods) and other Management System information applicable to the position.
- Everyone has an obligation to avoid work that may be considered potentially hazardous. If a hazardous situation occurs, or is considered likely to occur, the work shall be suspended, and the immediate superior shall be contacted without delay
- According to Training Matrix
- Catergory 1 FGAS Certification essential
- One year experience in maintenance of production, marine and utility equipment in oil/gas industry. Can be substituted with three years’ experience on FPSO or other offshore installations in other positions
- Good inter-personal and communications skills
- According to BW Offshore Competence Assurance Matrix
- According to BW Offshore English Language Proficiency Matrix
- Good computer and use of computerized maintenance management skills