Key tasks and Responsibilities
Provide legal support to BWO’s Supply Chain department, including:
• Provide legal assistance in connection with contracts and agreements entered into by Supply Chain (including BWO’s standard terms and conditions for the supply of goods and services, Frame Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Charter Parties, Confidentiality Agreements; Consultancy Agreements; Memoranda of Understanding, Letters of Intent, EPC Contracts and other project procurement documents); drafting those contracts and amendments to them; responding to suppliers’ proposed deviations and clarifications; conducting negotiations; liaising and coordinating input with relevant internal stakeholders including, finance, tax and insurance.
• Provide legal assistance relating to matters arising during the project development and operation phases, including providing support to sourcing experts, contract managers and other Supply Chain personnel on matters pertaining to contract management and administration.
• Assist with legal and contractual risk reviews.
• Provide general legal assistance in connection with on-going and/or ad-hoc contractual issues including: (i) Intellectual property rights; (ii) Insurance claims; (iii) Variations; (iv) Amendments and (v) Settlement agreements.
• Assist with the development of standard contracts, contracting principles and policies, training and enforcement of compliance with contracting principles and policies.
• Assist with the maintenance and updating of BWO’s Standard Legal Documents intranet site as used by Supply Chain, the induction and training of Supply Chain personnel and other administrative tasks required to support our relationship with Supply Chain.
• Provide legal assistance and manage potential disputes and arbitration/litigation cases.
• Instruct and manage external legal resources as required.
• Provide similar legal assistance to other areas of the business (which may include Fleet).
• Bachelor of Laws, Masters in Law or equivalent.
• Double qualification in a common law and civil law system is regarded as an advantage.
• Preferably 5 - 8 years’ experience in legal contractual, commercial/transactional work, from a top-level law firm or in-house legal department within the oil and gas and/or offshore or shipping industry.
• International work experience is preferred.
• Excellent analytical and contract interpretation skills.
• Strong drafting skills.
• Ability to work independently and proactively in a collaborative manner, take ownership of issues and to get things done in a reliable fashion.
• Ability to effectively manage time and competing priorities.
• Ability to coordinate and manage negotiations in a solution oriented and constructive fashion.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Ability to work with people from different cultures and on different levels.
• Knowledge and understanding of the technical, contractual and commercial aspects of converting/building, leasing and operating FPSOs is preferable.
• Fluent business and legal English (oral and written).
• The position is located at BW Offshore in Singapore with temporary assignments at our other offices or project premises. The position requires flexibility in order to reach goals.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.