We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Aberdeen AEM team to take on the role of Asset Technical Authority - Process. The successful candidate will support UK North Sea operations.
Responsibility and Authority
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide feedback to the Global Technical Authority on improvements to consider / implement in the update of Corporate Engineering Standards (as part of the ‘lessons learned’ process).
Operations and Fleet Support
- Detailed understanding of the equipment, systems and procedures on the unit.
- Provide process support to operations in troubleshooting of process systems operations.
- Provide process support to operations in identifying improvements to process systems and follow up with Global TA and engineering support.
- Provide day-to-day competent advice to the operations team within their discipline.
- Provide support for inspection and repair.
- Provide input to maintenance system.
- Ensure the relevant technical assurance activities which are defined in the unit’s technical assurance plan are rolled-out, monitor these activities and flag any non-compliance to the relevant Global Technical Authority.
- Monitor on a continuous basis that the unit performs within the relevant performance standards.
- Review and approve relevant MOCs as assigned by Operations or Global Technical Authority.
- Provide technical support to Fleet for Emergency Response.
- Follow-up discipline-specific queries raised by client.
- Coordination with 3rd parties and BWO supply chain to coordinate mobilisation of vendor resources and materials for various process trials.
Compliance with Class, Regulations and Standards
- Ensure that actions generated by periodic Class surveys are closed-out to the satisfaction of Class within the required timeframe.
- Detailed understanding of local Rules and Regulations.
- The holder of this position has the necessary authorities to carry out the responsibilities stated above.
- This position’s financial authority will be specified in BW Offshore authorisation matrix.
Ethics and Work Regulations
The employees shall in all matters comply with applicable standards, rules and practices. The employee shall work and behave in compliance with the BW Offshore code of conduct, values, ethics and company policies.
Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality (HSSEQ)
All employees shall be familiar with the Management System structure and content, and have specific knowledge regarding requirements, responsibilities, processes (working methods) and other Management System information applicable to the position.
The Management System responsibilities for managers include:
- Ensuring that applicable requirements, responsibilities, processes (working methods) and other Management System information is clearly communicated to all team members.
- Measuring the Team's performance.
- Identifying and handling unacceptable conditions, discrepancies, nonconformities and improvement possibilities.
Everyone has an obligation to avoid work that may be considered potentially hazardous. If a hazardous situation occurs, or is considered likely to occur, the work shall be suspended, and the immediate superior shall be contacted without delay.
- Bachelor’s degree (BSc or BEng) in Chemical Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer, member of IChemE, an advantage.
- 5 years of experience in the industry with preferably a minimum of 2 years of experience with FPSOs.
- Previous pre-operation experience is preferred (ideally through a complete project phase, i.e. from engineering to commissioning).
- Proactive and able to work independently, applying a structured and systematic approach.
- Creative, ability to propose practical solutions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary / multinational environment.
- Team player.
- Should have minimum knowledge of key international Codes and Standards in the covered areas.
- Good awareness of best practices across the industry.
- Good understanding of how various engineering disciplines interact.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of the FPSO topsides process systems and their operation.
- Shall be fluent in English (oral and written).
- Fluency / knowledge of language where unit operates is not mandatory but is an advantage.
- Relevant certification needed to go on-board units (e.g. BOSIET, HUET) – can be provided by Company.
- Since this position requires a very good knowledge of the unit(s) the Asset Technical Authority is assigned to, frequent offshore assignments are expected (for units falling under UK regulations, quarterly visits are imposed).