Why BW Offshore
At BW Offshore, we value problem-solvers and engineering mindsets. We’re a team-oriented, dynamic workplace with people who are passionate about what they do — creating solutions that progress the future of energy.
Our global organisation offers opportunities for personal development and professional growth across an exciting range of positions. If you are a creative and curious person seeking a collaborative and open company, we welcome you to join our team!
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Provide general legal advice to the organisation on legal matters relating to the Project
- Provide legal assistance in connection with Project related contracts (including contracts with the client, joint venture partners and project lenders ; liaise and coordinate input with relevant internal stakeholders including, finance, tax, insurance, business unit etc.
- Provide legal assistance relating to matters arising during the construction, project and operation phases, including providing advice to project, Business Unit, Asset and commercial manager, assisting in connection with extensions and amendments to contracts, with particular emphasis on FPSO management and support to contract managers on matters pertaining to contract administration
- Provide legal support to procurement and supply chain on a variety of subcontracting activities (EPC, terms and conditions for purchase of goods and services / purchase orders); assist with tendering, review of clarifications; conducting negotiations and assisting with drafting until final execution of contracts
- Provide general legal assistance in connection with on-going and/or ad-hoc contractual issues including: (i) Agreements with partners/ JV’s; (ii) Consultancy agreements; (iii) Intellectual property rights; (iv) Insurance claims; (v) Settlement agreements; (vi) interpretation of contracts with client, joint venture partners etc.
- Assist with the development of standard contracts/contracting principles and policies, training and compliance with contracting principles and policies (both with regard to the Project and generally for the business)
- Assist in connection with legal and contractual risk reviews (both with regard to the Project and generally for the business)
- Provide legal assistance and manage potential disputes and arbitration/litigation cases
- Instruct and manage external legal resources as required
- Bachelor in Law, or equivalent
- Western Australian law qualification and registration is regarded as an advantage
- Ideally 5 to 8 years broad experience in legal contractual, commercial/transactional work, from a top level law firm or in-house legal department within the oil and energy and/or offshore or shipping industry
- In-house experience is an advantage
- Extensive international work experience is a must
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the technical, contractual and commercial aspects of converting/building, leasing and operating FPSOs and of major construction projects is preferable
- Fluent business and legal English (oral and written)
- Excellent analytical skills and commercial approach to resolve contractual and legal issues
- Ability to work with people from different cultures and on different levels
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage negotiations in a solution oriented and constructive fashion
- Ability to work proactively and independently in a collaborative manner and to get things done in a reliable fashion
- Based in BWO project / operations office in Australia
- Secondment to Singapore during the project construction phase