BW Offshore is looking for an Internal Auditor to join our Corporate Integrity Department. The successful candidate will be working with the company internal audit plan and ad hoc, on corporate compliance audits, and will report to the Manager, Internal Audit. We are seeking a self-driven, solution oriented and motivated individual with strong ownership of the assigned tasks. Experience from oil and gas/ energy, or a similar profile sector, having performed audit work in West and Central Africa locations is desired and language proficiency in French is an advantage.
The position will be located in our office in Amsterdam, however, we are open to applications from candidates that can be based in our office in Oslo or Paris as well. The successful candidate will be offered a career in an exciting, global company that is undergoing change and growth.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To participate/ lead audit assignments including all aspects of defining audit objectives, planning, fieldwork, and reporting.
- Analysing & assessing business processes, evaluation of risks and internal controls system.
- Testing effectiveness of internal controls in group entities in West & Central Africa, Norway, UK and the US.
- Preparing audit documentation and reporting in English.
- Participate in the preparation of reports/ presentations and communicate review results to management, along with process improvement recommendations.
- Perform a quarterly follow-up on outstanding management actions from past projects and ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of audit work, and adherence to department and professional standards for audits.
- Complete ad-hoc compliance related projects and/ or reviews as required.
- Assist with internal investigations.
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Control (relevant experience may replace formal education expectations).
- Minimum 4 years' experience, primarily in the area of audit, either within an industrial company or external audit firm.
- Experience and knowledge of Excel, Sharepoint and other relevant data analytical tools essential. Previous experience with IFS applications would be an advantage.
- Relevant Finance or Internal Audit qualification (i.e. qualified/ nearly qualified Association of Certified Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant)
- Have the flexibility to travel for 30%-40% of the time (estimated outside current time of COVID restriction). The travel could be a mixture of both short haul (Europe) and long haul (Singapore, US, Africa).
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Good knowledge (oral and written) in French. In addition, some proficiency in Portuguese and/or Spanish would be a considerable advantage.
- Proactive, structured, and able to work independently and in team.
- Good interpersonal, report writing and presentation skills.
What we offer
- Opportunities to grow and progress throughout our global organisation.
- The chance to build an international network.
- A competitive compensation package.
- A comprehensive insurance and pension scheme.
- An open and friendly working environment.
At BW Offshore, we value problem-solvers and engineering mindsets. We’re a team-oriented, dynamic workplace with people who are passionate about what they do — creating solutions that progress the future of energy.
Our global organisation offers opportunities for personal development and professional growth across an exciting range of positions. If you are a creative and curious person seeking a collaborative and open company, we welcome you to join our team!