Key tasks and responsibilities
- Manage an effective Human Capital process covering the entire employee lifecycle from entry to exit for offshore and onshore employees in Australia (including effective recruitment, on boarding, rewards and exit),
- Coordinate and manage pre-onboarding and on-boarding processes for our employees in Australia
- Contribute to Performance Management including facilitating appraisals, undertaking line dialogues on appraisal follow up.
- Play an active role in annual and mid-year salary reviews working closely with Senior HC Manager – Operations and Manager Compensation & Benefits. Key deliveries include local market data benchmarking, input on local industry trends and advice on individual employee performance based on line manager dialogue.
- Participate in industrial relations agreement negotiations, liaising with appointed Unions as required.
- Management of all immigration and visa matters where required.
- Ensure that all spend is within budget reporting variances as they occur in a timely manner, reporting to management as needed
- Ensure that all HC practices in Australia are consistent with the established procedures, systems, policies and practices in the company and support the global HC team on projects and initiatives as needed
- Extensive knowledge in ER and Australian Labour Law, responsible for monitoring changes in applicable legislation, ensuring implementation as required
- Provide project HC support towards ingoing bids, FEEDs and projects
- Provide support and advice to the line on employee management making suggestions and providing recommendations where appropriate
- Ensure effective employee relations by ensuring mechanisms for receiving employee feedback and addressing employee concerns
- Responsible for administration of local service agreements including tenancy, insurances, apartments, hotels, travel agency, company cars and other services
- Manage office space resource planning and ensure optimal space utilization that meets company’s objectives
- Manage office assets management, general administration, office maintenance and security matters.
- Participate in risk management assessment of office premises, taking responsibility for all HSE matters, hereunder First Aid, Evacuation, Fire Drill and coordination of the related training of staff
- Prepare, implement and maintain policies and procedures within area of responsibility
- Coach, counsel and motivate administrative staff to achieve corporate objectives and goals
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing staff events and gift recognition in the organization
- Be degree qualified with an HC specialisation and offer the requisite operational experience to demonstrate your technical HC knowledge and skills
- Minimum 3 years of working experience at management level within Human Capital
- Excellent managerial and administrative skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills as well as good judgment
- General business understanding and ability to think strategically
- Good ambassador for the company, pleasant, positive and open
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Team player, organised and meticulous to details
- Ability to multitask adhere to task deadlines
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
This role is based in Darwin and will involve a temporary assignment to the Singapore office.