BW Offshore builds on four decades of offshore operations and project execution to create tailored offshore energy solutions for evolving global markets. We are currently constructing and preparing operation of a major gas FPSO in North-Western Australia. BW Offshore is also adapting to a rapidly changing world, capturing opportunities that arise in the ongoing global energy transition. As part of that transition, we have invested in, and are developing, floating offshore wind solutions.
The increased business and tender/project activity has created the need to strengthen and further develop our engineering team. The right candidate is a proactive and engaged individual with the ability to deliver both independently and as part of a team.
The position will be located in Oslo and report to the Marine & HVAC discipline manager. The Engineering resources in our Oslo office are focused on bid and tendering activities, operations support and projects. We offer a career in an exciting, global company that is constantly undergoing change and growth.
Applicants will be considered consecutively. Please contact us with any questions regarding the position.
Key tasks and responsibilites
- Actively contribute in design work related to new business areas such as offshore wind etc.
- Act as discipline lead Marine in tender/bid activities
- Take lead in all phases of projects from concept development, tender, bids, FEEDs, construction, commissioning, execution and modification through to completion
- Responsible for marine design of the FPSO, including:
- Philosophies and design specifications for Marine
- Pre-purchase ship inspections and provide inspection reports for candidate vessels for conversion projects
- P&IDs and PFDs for the marine/utility/safety systems
- Quotation Requests for marine/utility/safety system packages
- Follow-up related to regulatory, class, client and corporate requirements
- Material take-off lists and cost input
- System calculations and system designs
- System operation philosophies and design manuals
- Hazard/risk considerations
- Develop tender documents towards shipyards
- Follow-up FPSO hull design development as well as construction, commissioning, and start-up activities
- Technical support to our FPSOs in operation on issues related to marine systems
- Visit offshore units in operation as needed to familiarize with the unit and ongoing improvement projects/modifications
- Coordinate, plan and schedule Marine activities within the fleet
- Actively contribute to Marine discipline activities
- Review vendor documentation and act as Package Responsible Engineer (PRE) for marine packages
- Work closely with, and actively support other project teams
- Master’s degree in Marine/Naval Architecture Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree and/or long relevant experience may replace formal education
- Ideally 10+ years of relevant experience within the shipping and offshore industry
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience within the FPSO industry
- Team player with the ability to lead
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deliver in a high pressure, fast pace project environment
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary/multinational environment
- Understanding of the various engineering disciplines and their interaction
- In depth knowledge of the design and function of marine / utility / safety systems
- In depth knowledge of the relevant requirements of the classification societies and international rules and regulations
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Professional challenges
- A competitive compensation package
- A good insurance and pension scheme
- An open and friendly working environment
The position may require temporary assignments at project premises or on board units
At BW Offshore, we value problem-solvers and engineering mindsets. We’re a team-oriented, dynamic workplace with people who are passionate about what they do — creating solutions that progress the future of energy. Our global organisation offers opportunities for person development and professional growth across an exciting range of position.
If you are a creative and curious person seeking a collaborative and open company, we welcome you to join our team