Why BW Offshore
At BW Offshore, we value problem-solvers and engineering mindsets. We’re a team-oriented, dynamic workplace with people who are passionate about what they do — creating solutions that progress the future of energy.
Our global organisation offers opportunities for personal development and professional growth across an exciting range of positions. If you are a creative and curious person seeking a collaborative and open company, we welcome you to join our team!
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Provide legal advice and assistance to the organisation on legal and corporate-related matters in respect of:
- corporate transactions with external parties, including managing external counsels and internal stakeholders in respect of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships, sale and leaseback transactions with financing institutions and corporate financing and capital-raising transactions; and
- internal corporate transactions, including managing internal discussions, drafting and preparation of documents in relation to corporate restructurings, consultancy and employment agreements, and sale and transfer of vessels.
- Liaising and coordinating input with relevant internal stakeholders including, finance, tax, insurance, operations and other commercial business units.
- Introduce and implement best practices in governance, including maintain adherence to established policies and procedures to ensure a strong corporate structure.
- Assist to maintain and ensure timely completion of corporate actions and other processes essential to ensuring statutory compliance in relevant jurisdictions.
- Provide ad-hoc corporate secretarial support and liaison with external corporate counsels or secretarial providers for our internal companies
- Assist in the preparation of board resolutions and minutes of meetings of the Company and its affiliated companies and providing ad-hoc corporate advice to business units, management and boards as needed.
- Assist with the development of standard contracts/contracting principles and policies, training and compliance.
- Actively participate in the development of the quality management system and engage in the process for the continuous improvement of departmental procedures
- Bachelor in Law, or equivalent
- Double qualification in a common law and civil law system is regarded as an advantage
- Preferably 5 to 7 years’ experience in a legal contractual, M&A and commercial/transactional work, from a top-level law firm or international in-house legal department
- International work experience is preferred
- Experience in the oil and energy and/or offshore or shipping industry is an advantage
- In-house experience is an advantage
- Sound working knowledge and experience in M&A and/or corporate finance transactions
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of corporate secretarial laws and practices
- Sound practical knowledge of corporate governance and regulatory framework governing any stock exchange
- Fluent business and legal English (oral and written)
- Excellent analytical skills and commercial approach to resolve contractual and legal issues
- Ability to work with people from different cultures and on different levels
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage negotiations in a solution oriented and constructive fashion
- Ability to work proactively and independently in a collaborative manner and to get things done in a reliable fashion